[GE users] how to change pending job's priority ?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Nov 19 09:46:01 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 19.11.2010 um 05:59 schrieb sonsh99:

> I wondering about change pending job's priority .
>
> I know, it is possible qalter command.
>
> qalter -p (prioty) (jobid)
>
> is right?
>
> and then, it is working on only operator.
>
> but i need to normal user can change pending job's priority of their jobs.

correct, they can only lower the priority. IMO this is a bug, as they should be allowed to increase it up to zero again. Only the positive range should be limited to operator staff. I can't find the issue in issuzilla for now, but I remember speaking with Chris about it.

What you can do, is to allow:

$ sudo qalter -p ...

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsMessageId=290784&dsForumId=38

Create a dedicated user for this purpose, who is an operator. Specify:

Cmnd_Alias SGECOMMANDS = /usr/sge/bin/lx24-amd64/qalter -p -[0-9]* [0-9]*

and they can run only this -p option with sudo with these option. If you want to allow also a positive range: [-]*[0-9]* [0-9]*

-- Reuti