[GE users] Dynamically changing the slots value in the queue

llikethat bharanitn at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 05:03:41 GMT 2010

--- On Tue, 23/11/10, reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:

From: reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
Subject: Re: [GE users] Dynamically changing the slots value in the queue
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Date: Tuesday, 23 November, 2010, 5:23 PM

Hi,

Am 23.11.2010 um 12:31 schrieb llikethat:

> When i'm running a certain job, the cpu usage is 100% the slots value for this node's queue is 1 by default. Now if i'm running a job which uses only 20% of the cpu is possible to dynamically change the slots value to 5 so that the job uses the maximum available resources?

I would suggest to investigate, why this job isn't running at 100%.

20% which i mentioned was just a rough number, but the actual is like this, certain rendering process does not use all the cores in the machine like if i have 4 cores it uses only 1 core leaving the rest 3 cores free. The idea is if i can identify this usage at runtime then i can start multiple threads depending on the resource availability.