[GE users] SGE multiple job performance error.

fernandosilva fernando at phenogenomics.ca
Wed Nov 24 15:12:33 GMT 2010

When my users submit jobs normally (slowly) all works fine.  When they run scripts to automate many job submissions at once they eventually start getting the below error.  This is a new qmaster server on an ESXi vm with a local ext4 filesystem.  I would appreciate any help please!

Unable to run job: error writing object "3215655" to spooling
database cannot close transaction: There is no open transaction
transaction function of rule "default rule" in context
"berkeleydb  spooling" failed job 3215655 was rejected cause it
couldn't be written. Exiting. ERROR: could not close qsub pipe
lsq6-img_26oct10.7: Continuing for now, but this pipe might have
gone bad.