[GE users] SGE failed to compile: undefined reference to sge_gdi2_send_any_request

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Nov 25 21:23:01 GMT 2010

Am 15.11.2010 um 15:21 schrieb fx:

> [Apologies if this turns up twice.]
>
> reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> writes:
>
>>> See getline(3) on a GNU system.  If you don't need the change,
>>> presumably your system doesn't default to defining _GNU_SOURCE, which
>>> surprises me.
>
> Sorry, that's wrong.  I don't know what I was thinking, as I've dealt
> with it often enough.  _GNU_SOURCE is actually defined by aimk, so I
> still don't know why it doesn't affect you.
>
>> I'm on openSUSE, and there it's not defined by default. As SGE is no
>> GNU software anyway, maybe it would be good to reset this default flag
>> before compiling SGE.
>
> The `GNU' bit is only relevant because it's the GNU library, I think.
> It really means `kitchen sink' (he says, wondering what the equivalent

Kitchen sink's word by word translation is "Küchenspüle", but the translation of the idom I would suggest "alles nötige" or "alles was nötig ist".

Maybe it depends on the version of used compiler, whether it can deal with mutiple declarations for the some function. The issue you refer to is from 2009, so I assume it was working before in general.

-- Reuti