[GE users] IRC Channels

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Sun Nov 28 15:57:49 GMT 2010

kisielk <kamil at kamilkisiel.net> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> It was good to meet several of you at SC10 last week. As promised in
> some conversations there I just wanted to post a short blurb  about
> two IRC channels which may be of interest to GridEngine users:
> #gridengine and #hpc on irc.freenode.net

I'm pleased to see any communication channels, but it may be worth
pointing out that IRC is often of limited use -- it's typically banned
by the network police, at least in UK academia.  [There once was a list
of 10(?) network rules we could be disciplined for violating, all but
one of which I transgressed in the course of what I understood as my
professional duties in another establishment.]

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org