[GE users] advance_reservation: no suitable queues

prentice prentice at ias.edu
Mon Nov 29 19:17:59 GMT 2010

I'm trying to use advanced reservations for the first time. I added my
account to the userset 'arusers'. However, when I try to request a
simple advanced reservation, I get an error:

$ qconf -su arusers
name    arusers
type    ACL
fshare  0
oticket 0
entries prentice

$ qrsub -d 01:00:00
advance_reservation: no suitable queues

I've googled on that error string all afternoon, but I can't find any
clues to what would cause this. Looking in the qmaster logs after
setting the log level to log_debug didn't provide any insight, either.

Is there anything else I must do (besides adding myself to arusers) to
enable advance reservations, I didn't find anything in the documentation.

I do have some jobs that are running on my cluster with no runtime
declared (I just mandated that a few weeks ago), but since I'm only
requesting one slot, I wouldn't expect that to be a problem. Am I wrong?

--
Prentice