[GE users] question about submit an extended job

seandavi seandavi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:17:00 BST 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 6:07 AM, urhi <vanessa.vines at ideg.es<mailto:vanessa.vines at ideg.es>> wrote:
Hi,

I didn't found on the Wiki, how can I submit one job with parameters?

Create a file named jobScript.sh:
#!/bin/bash
#$ -S /bin/bash
example.exe $1

Then, do:
chmod +x jobScript.sh

Then, do:
qsub jobScript.sh big.data.txt

It sounds like you need to do some reading on shell scripting.  I think what you are asking is not an SGE-related question, but one of how to write shell scripts.  A job script is, in practice, just a shell script with a little added syntax.  If you cannot write a shell script that works outside of SGE, it will be impossible to write one that works with SGE.

Hope that helps,
Sean

Vanessa