[GE users] SGE now called OGE, no longer free

jbhoren jbhoren at alaska.edu
Sun Oct 3 17:48:59 BST 2010

Well, unless they're going to offer some kind of [deep] academic discount, we'll probably move to torque. YMMV.

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 5:14 AM, sgenedharvey <sge at nedharvey.com<mailto:sge at nedharvey.com>> wrote:
> From: templedf [mailto:daniel.templeton at oracle.com<mailto:daniel.templeton at oracle.com>]
>
> Do keep in mind that that's list price.  Oracle is a software company
> and is very willing to play the discount game.

Also keep in mind, that's several times cheaper than the price for LSF.
They're trying *not* to drive you to use LSF; they're just trying to get
some money out of people who were using SGE for free.