[GE users] SGE now called OGE, no longer free

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 22:12:16 BST 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 5:03 PM, sgenedharvey <sge at nedharvey.com> wrote:
> But there is one part of your comment that I think sounds confusing.  You seem to be suggesting that 6.2u6 came out 9 months ago, but I don't think that's right.  I think 6.2u6 is around 2 months old...  You're saying that for 7 months leading up to the 6.2u6 release, they weren't making their rapid-cycle public releases.

I try not to answer the "what if Oracle does this or that" kind of
questions because I don't have control over Oracle, and Oracle can do
a lot of things, from buying Platform Computing to totally stop Grid
Engine development, and I don't need to create a contingency plan for
every one of them.

Sun & Oracle stopped putting back changes to the public CVS since Jan
2010, so does that make you less confused??

Rayson