[GE users] SGE now called OGE, no longer free

ron ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 22:27:20 BST 2010

--- On Mon, 10/4/10, sgenedharvey <sge at nedharvey.com> wrote:
> But if Oracle does release OGE sources, you'd be happy to
> pull those changes into gridscheduler, right?

Let's focus on what we need to do now. When Oracle does release OGE sources, then we can decide at that point what we need to do.

If you are interested in developing Open Grid Scheduler, send your patches to both the SGE dev list and myself, and we will integrate them into future OGS releases. And if Oracle open sources OGE again, then those patches should be considered by Oracle (we will remind them) and integrate in future OGE as well.

The main point of the existance of Open Grid Scheduler now is to let people who want to use Grid Engine to do so under a free software license.

 -Ron