[GE users] Job not running: no access to tty

andre_ismll busche at ismll.de
Mon Oct 4 14:23:18 BST 2010

Hi Michael,

it depends on the shell_start_mode in your queue configuration. It can
be set either to

posix_compliant (I assume, this is currently the case)

or

unix_behaviour.

In the latter one, SGE evaluates the first line in your script
(#!/bin/sh), in the former one, you need to specify the shell.

HTH? (And I hope, this is correct, since it is my first support reply ;-)
André