[GE users] Error with install_execd

prentice prentice at ias.edu
Tue Oct 5 18:47:13 BST 2010

When adding new execution hosts with the $SGE_ROOT/install_execd script,
I get the following error:

Creating local configuration
----------------------------
error: error opening file "/tmp/16432/charon.XXX.XXX.XXX" for reading:
Permission denied
error reading configuration from file /tmp/16432/charon.XXX.XXX.XXX

Command failed: ./bin/lx24-amd64/qconf -Aconf /tmp/16432/charon.XXX.XXX.XXX

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

However, if I run the qconf command manually, it works, so I know there
are no permission problems. I'm running the script has root, and the
command below, as root

# qconf -Aconf /tmp/16432/charon.XXX.XXX.XXX
root at charon.sns.ias.edu added "charon.XXX.XXX.XXX" to configuration list

Since the script quits there, the sge_execd init script is not
installed, so now have to add it manually, or re-run the install_execd
script, which the completes without error.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this a known error?

--
Prentice