[GE users] Re: Re: Re: [GE users] Issue seen in 6.2U5 : memory values reported bySGE too low compared to top output on linux systems

ron ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 05:29:17 BST 2010

--- On Tue, 10/5/10, wagoodman <wgoodman at jcvi.org> wrote:
> I have downloaded and installed the
> O|SGE 6.2 Update 6 and I'm still experiencing the same issue
> about O|SGE reporting memory is too low. Has anyone
> experience this also?

Did you compare with the output from top? I am sure OGE 6.2u6 has the fix for this issue. Are both the output of qacct and the output of the online info of "qstat -j <job id>" low?

> BTW I have a licensed version. Even
> though I still should have 90 days evaluation (bug free)
> anyone?

If you have paid then you don't need to worry, and if you have a support contract with Sun/Oracle that has not expired yet, then you don't need to worry about the 90-day evaluation thing, nor need to worry about the license change that we ranted about!

Otherwise, you can use SGE 6.2u5, and download & compile the source of OGS (Open Grid Scheduler), and then replace the execd with the one built from the OGS source.

Note that OGS is only a bug fixed version of SGE 6.2u5. It's for poor/cheap people (like me) who can't/don't want to pay (or for whatever reasons need to compile from source).

In case you did not follow the discussions, when Oracle open sources OGE again then we will merge the changes of OGS back to OGE, but if Oracle continues to keep OGE closed, then we will continue to develop OGS.

 -Ron