[GE users] What happens after a qdel?

aeszter Ansgar.Esztermann at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Wed Oct 6 10:06:03 BST 2010

Hi everyone,

currently, I am trying to solve a problem with tightly integrated MPI jobs. So I was wondering if there is any documentation on what actually happens when a parallel job gets a qdel, or when it runs out of time (i.e. h_rt is exceeded).
Apparently, the master node runs the PE's stop_proc_args. However, the processes on the other nodes seem to get a SIGKILL. Is this a feature of SGE? Is it configurable? Or is the signal coming from a different process (maybe the mpd)?

Thanks,

A.
--
Ansgar Esztermann