[GE users] What happens after a qdel?

aeszter Ansgar.Esztermann at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Wed Oct 6 15:12:43 BST 2010

> Did you setup this:
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich2-integration/mpich2-integration.html

Yes.

>> It is MPICH2-based, but it might take some time until upstream features make it into the final product.
>
> It will alsohave Hydra in the future.

OK, that's great news.

>>> There is an entry "terminate_method" in the queue definition, which could do other things than killing by process group (default) or additional group id (configurable).
>>
>> Oh, I hadn't seen that. Currently, it's set to NONE, which probably explains why processes on the master node do not get a SIGKILL.
>
> This option should only be used when the default isn't working. It might be necessary with IntelMPI though.

How would I go about configuring the default behaviour?
The man page (queue_conf) seem to imply that only explicit signals or executables may be given. Leaving out the line gives a qconf error; "terminate_method default" gives this error upon completion of the job:

failed before prolog because:
10/06/2010 15:52:13 [0:27552]: cannot convert terminate_method "default" into a valid signal number

So I've tried "terminate_method SIGKILL". But even with this setting, processes on the master node survive.

Thanks for your advice,

A.

--
Ansgar Esztermann