[GE dev] Core binding suggestion...

templedf daniel.templeton at oracle.com
Wed Oct 6 15:46:15 BST 2010

Yes, a client-side JSV can be skipped with -clear, but in cases where
it's to the users' own detriment, like this one, I generally consider it
self-punishing and leave it on the client side.

Rewriting in Perl would be a good thing.  The problem with a Borne
script isn't the load.  It's the latency.  Every incoming job gets the
script run against it.  Because Borne scripts have to fork additional
processes for every little thing, you're easily throttling down your
acceptance rate to under 1 job per second.  Averaged out over the day,
that may be less traffic than you see, but I'm willing to bet that it
would nonetheless annoy your users since submissions tend to be bursty.

Daniel