[GE users] What happens after a qdel?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Oct 6 16:33:10 BST 2010

Am 06.10.2010 um 16:12 schrieb aeszter:

>>> Oh, I hadn't seen that. Currently, it's set to NONE, which probably explains why processes on the master node do not get a SIGKILL.
>>
>> This option should only be used when the default isn't working. It might be necessary with IntelMPI though.
>

> How would I go about configuring the default behaviour?
> The man page (queue_conf) seem to imply that only explicit signals or executables may be given. Leaving out the line gives a qconf error; "terminate_method default" gives this error upon completion of the job:
>
> failed before prolog because:
> 10/06/2010 15:52:13 [0:27552]: cannot convert terminate_method "default" into a valid signal number

The default is NONE

And please check whether this is working. If not, you can define:

terminate_method /some/path/killkids.sh $job_pid

from http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=280046 and http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=280796

-- Reuti