[GE users] AFS tokens storage and Berkeley DB

chambon chambon at cc.in2p3.fr
Thu Oct 7 07:21:20 BST 2010

Hello,

I have setup up GE to use AFS tokens.
I understand that the 'get_token' command extract token from the current PAG (on submitting machine) to store it somewhere, then the 'set_token' command (called repeatedly from the execd machines) will provide|renewal the token to the running jobs.

Is this ok ?

My basic questions are
 - Is there one token file per job or per user ? I suppose it's per job
 - Is it possible to have more that one token (case of several AFS cells) ?
 - Where are the token files stored , when using berkeley DB ?
   After providing the get_token and set_token commands, and verifiyin that it works,
   I try to look for something in the 'sge_job' file  (after doing a dump -a ... of the 'sge_job' file),
   but id didn't find such information
   do I miss something ?  Are they stored somewhere else ?
   (What are the key words to look for such information ?)

Best regards