[GE users] Bug in DRMAA implementation?

mdondrup michael.dondrup at uni.no
Fri Oct 8 14:13:24 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm still testing the DRMAA Java API for submitting jobs to the grid engine. I stumbled over two tiny but severe problems:
1. Unlike with submitting using qsub, using DRMAA the PATH environment is empty. How can drmaa be configured  to pass the PATH over
2. As a consequence, I discovered that all scripts are reported being in state finished, not failed, irrespective of its exit status
So, how do I get the real exit status of a job other than with session.getJobProgramStatus, or is this a bug?

Thank you very much
Michael

My test script:

#!/bin/sh
exit 1
#exit 127
#exit 0 # always the same result

The relevant java code getting the status:

 	    int status = session.getJobProgramStatus(this.jobid);
	    switch (status) {
	    case Session.RUNNING:
		System.out.println("Job is running");
		break;
	    case Session.UNDETERMINED:
		System.out.println("Job status cannot be determined");
		break;
	    case Session.DONE:
		System.out.println("Job finished normally");
		break;
	    case Session.FAILED:
		System.out.println("Job finished, but failed");
		break;
	    default:
		System.out.println("other status code " + status);
	    } /* switch */