[GE users] Grid NFS problem

fansn fansn at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 11 09:32:12 BST 2010

Hi All,

I exported NFS share on the grid master server, which is mounted by other exec hosts. I rebooted grid master to apply a patch last Friday. I made a mistake -- I didn?t shut down all the sge_execd daemons when I rebooted the grid master server and all the exec hosts were locked up. The fstab on exec hosts looks like this:

grid:/usr/local/grid         /usr/local/grid         nfs     rw,noatime,hard,intr,bg         0 0

I think if the grid master server crashed, the lock up would happen again. Is there any solution to prevent this happening other than installing the software on a separate NFS file server?

Thanks for your help.

Yours sincerely,

Sinong Fan