[GE users] qconf -purge syntax

hjmangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Tue Oct 12 22:05:09 BST 2010

Now THAT's impressive! An instant reply direct from DanT.
(Take that, MS support!). :)

I tried a few variants of these:
$ qconf -purge queue   \*  long-adc at a64-101
$ qconf -purge queue   '*' long-adc at a64-101
$ qconf -purge queue   \*  long-adc at a64-101
$ qconf -purge "queue" '*' long-adc at a64-101
$ qconf -purge "queue" \*  long-adc at a64-101
$ qconf -purge 'queue' \*  long-adc at a64-101

All returned:
Attribute name ("*") and/or value ("a64-101") not found

and ..
$ qconf -de a64-101
Host object "a64-101" is still referenced in cluster queue "long-adc".

I should have mentioned, this is with 6.2 (no updates).  There were no
error messages about a bad option to qconf and the man page does refer
to the '-purge' option, so I'm assuming it's supported with 6.2.

Is there a better way to rid myself of this infestation of ghost
nodes?

Harry

--
Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[ZOT 2225] / 92697  949 824-0084(o), 949 285-4487(c)