[GE users] qconf -purge syntax

hjmangalam harry.mangalam at uci.edu
Tue Oct 12 22:08:40 BST 2010

Hmmm - So why would it still refuse to be deleted?

I should have added that I stopped and restarted the sgemaster and
shadow master after I explicitly deleted the remaining job references
in <SGE_ROOT>/spool/qmaster/jobs

Puzzled..
Harry

On Tuesday 12 October 2010 13:52:30 Daniel Templeton wrote:
> Oops.  Looks like I failed to read the rest of the email.  I
> suggested what you already tried.  My guess would be that the
> error means that there's nothing to purge for that host.
>
> Daniel
>
> On 10/12/10 1:46 PM, templedf wrote:
> > Try:
> >
> > qconf -purge queue \*<queue>@<host>
> >
> > Note that the first "queue" is literal.
> >
> > Daniel
> >
> > On 10/12/10 1:38 PM, hjmangalam wrote:
> >> I've run into the dreaded:
> >>
> >> $ qconf -de MYHOST
> >> Host object "MYHOST" is still referenced in cluster queue
> >> "AGGRO".
> >>
> >> It's no longer actually referenced in the queue and the
> >> hostgroup @AGGRO which defines the hosts for the Qs no longer
> >> contains it.
> >>
> >> ie 'qconf -shgrp @AGGRO | grep MYHOST' returns nothing
> >>
> >> the jobs that were running have been explicitly deleted and no
> >> longer show up in a 'qstat'.
> >>
> >> the only place where it still shows up in in the qmon window:
> >> [qmon ->   Cluster Queue Control ->   Hosts] where the hosts are
> >> listed but provide no info to SGE (they've been physically
> >> removed).
> >>
> >> The SGE wiki and qconf man page refer to the 'qconf -purge'
> >> command as being useful in this kind of case but the syntax is
> >> confusing.
> >>
> >> Dan T's HOWTO contains the admonition:
> >> /Chuck Norris uses qconf -purge/
> >>
> >> but fails to provide an example (because Chuck Norris don't need
> >> no stinkin examples).
> >>
> >> And the qconf man page is similarly laconic in in its dearth of
> >> examples.
> >>
> >> I thought that you would use it like:
> >>
> >> qconf -purge queue '*' AGGRO at MYHOST
> >>
> >> but that returns:
> >> Attribute name ("*") and/or value ("MYHOST") not found
> >>
> >> Very happy to get some suggestions..
> >>
> >> TIA
> >> Harry

Harry Mangalam - Research Computing, NACS, Rm 225 MSTB, UC Irvine
[ZOT 2225] / 92697  949 824-0084(o), 949 285-4487(c)
MSTB=Bldg 415 (G-5 on <http://today.uci.edu/pdf/UCI_09_map_campus.pdf>
--
Non-sarcarstic use of 'seamless' in any context having to do with
computers immediately disqualifies the speaker as an expert.