[GE users] Problems with Advanced Reservations

pablorey prey at cesga.es
Wed Oct 13 09:57:18 BST 2010

    Hi Reuti,

    Yes, the "mpi_1p" has a fixed allocation rule of 1. We use it to be sure that GE assigns 1 MPI slot per node.

    In the attached document you can see the configuration of the mpi and mpi_1p parallel environment. We also have checked other parallel environments with different allocation rules (round_robin, 2, 4, ...) with the same results.

    You can also find in the attached document two examples. The first of them use "mpi_1p" to reserve several nodes and we cannot submit the jobs (except if we request only 1 slot with "-pe mpi_1p 1"). In the second example we use "mpi" and so only 1 node is reserved. In this case all works properly.

    Regarding the .sge_request file, we don't use it so we don't request any queue by default. We specify the queues in the qrsub command because we only want to use nodes belonging to that queues.

    Thank you very much by your help,
    Pablo