[GE users] changing q master domain

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Oct 15 13:23:35 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 14.10.2010 um 20:35 schrieb gg3796:

> Need urgent help.
> I am running 6.2u3. It was configured with one DNS domain now I need to change the domain name to the new domain. thousands of jobs are running /pending . Is there a clean way to change the domain for master server. All the exec hosts and submit hosts are already on the new domain.
>

> I am getting error
> (EE) error: unable to send message to qmaster using port 6444 on host "gm-cal.razamicroelectronics.com": can't resolve host name

you mean all fqdn of the exechosts are already added as adminstrative and exechosts in the qmaster? I did this once, IIRC I first added the future fqdn of the qmaster as administrative host, then shut it down, changed the content of the $SGE_ROOT/default/common/act_qmaster, started it again and removed the old qmaster's fqdn from the list of administrative hosts.

But maybe you can also avoid this and define an entry in $SGE_ROOT/default/common/host_aliases, so that the old name will simply be routed to the new one.