[GE users] using RQS to limit run time

prentice prentice at ias.edu
Mon Oct 18 20:51:20 BST 2010

I would like to limit job run time based on job size, similar to what's
already been discussed here:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=246571

So count me among those who would like a 'where' or 'if' clause in the
RQS syntax. While creating multiple queues with defined h_rt values will
work, that seems a bit kludgy and more work than should be necessary.

Related to this, can h_rt be limited using RQS? I created the following
rule to limit runtime to only 10 seconds for user prentice, but it
doesn't seem to work:

{
   name         time_test
   description  test to limit h_rt per_user
   enabled      TRUE
   limit        users prentice to h_rt=10
}

When I wrote this rule, I set h_rt=00:00:10, and after saving, SGE
changed it to rt=10. Does that mean it thinks h_rt is 10 hours instead
of 10 seconds?

--
Prentice