[GE users] Job status sent by root at exechost

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Oct 19 18:05:23 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 18.10.2010 um 22:02 schrieb duongusa:

> This probably an old issue, but I was not able to search for
> a solution.  Sorry If repeat the same question for everyone.
>
> When a job is completed, I got mail sent to user from
> root at exec_host:
>
> ============
> From: Super-User <root at scblad04.mydomain.com>
> To: cadadmin at lexus.mydomain.com
> Subject: Job 50613 (Cron_getsum) Complete
> ============
>
> This is fine, as long as mail being sent locally within my local
> domain.  However, I do have contractor who wish to send mail out
> to his outside address, we will get rejected with message as such:
>
> Domain of sender address root at scblad04.mydomain.com does not exist)

for this to work the address of the sender (i.e. the domain) must be changed to a valid one, which is known to the outside world. Some do this in a mail-wrapper, but I prefer to put it in postfix's/sendmail's configuration:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=256513

or

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsMessageId=225419&dsForumId=38

Whether you change root to sgeadmin should not be a general concern for the general forwarding, but give the user a more feasible email.

> To resolve it, I would like to change the mailer qconf -mconf
> mailer   /bin/mailx  to something that work (script/wrapper?)
>
> So that the mail sent out with sgeadmin at scblad04.mydomain.com
> instead of root at .....
>
> Anyone has a working script/wrapper that can deal with mailx?
> (internally we use sendmail BTW) --
>
> I thought making a script with one line:
> #!/bin/csh -f
> /bin/mailx -r sgeadmin at mydomain.com

Anyway:

-r is a sendmail option (and it's -f nowadays), so it must be forwarded:

/bin/mailx -s "$2" "$3" -- -f sgeadmin at mydomina.com

-- Reuti