[GE users] Specify the number of nodes when you submit job array

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Oct 19 18:13:41 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 19.10.2010 um 15:16 schrieb aali:

> Is it possible to specify the number of nodes when you submit job array?
>
> To make it simple, I want this job array to run on single machine, so I am trying to submit these 10 jobs in the following command:
>
> qsub -P TEST -p -1 -l node=1 -N jobname -j y -o logFile-cwd -t 1-10:1
>
> But this doesn't work, so is it possible to control the number of nodes when you submit a job array?

well, if you bind it hard to one node, then you it could be submitted this way. Then you are of course limited to this particular node (i.e. "-l h=node004").

There is nothing in SGE which allows you to specify the number of nodes. But with recent versions of SGE you can use "-tc <int>" to specify the number of instances of your array job and avoid flooding the complete cluster this way.

-- Reuti