[GE users] Specify the number of nodes when you submit job array

aali ahmaksod at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 23:08:03 BST 2010

Then don't use a job array. Either submit a single job that runs the computations serially or a submit the first job and let it submit the other tasks to the same queue instance.

Well, single job will not be able to know how may cores are free at the time it is running, so it may start with 3 free cores out of 8 and after a couple of seconds the other 5 cores are free, I have no clue how to make use if the rest using single job. This is why I must use job array for this purpose, it is also much cleaner.

--
                               Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv at serpens.de<mailto:mlelstv at serpens.de>