[GE users] Specify the number of nodes when you submit job array

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Oct 19 23:34:08 BST 2010

Am 19.10.2010 um 23:58 schrieb mlelstv:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:31:30PM +0100, aali wrote:
>
>> I get that all the job arrays are going in series for a single machine,
>
> Then don't use a job array. Either submit a single job that runs the
> computations serially or a submit the first job and let it submit
> the other tasks to the same queue instance.

This is one option, besides my initial suggestion to submit with a hard node request.

What I completely overlooked was, that you request a PE which isn't necessary at all. The PE would be applied to each of the array tasks, and so you could submit an array where each task needs four or whatever cores - so leave it out in your case (you are requesting only one slot four each of it).

But you can use this to submit an advance reservation with an attached PE which you already have with "allocation_rule $pe_slots". Into this granted AR you submit the job array then.

-- Reuti