[GE users] Specify the number of nodes when you submit job array

aali ahmaksod at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 00:16:11 BST 2010

>> Then don't use a job array. Either submit a single job that runs the computations serially or a submit the first job and let it submit
>> the other tasks to the same queue instance.
> This is one option, besides my initial suggestion to submit with a hard node request.

I agree that these are 'potential' solutions, but not very efficient in terms of making use of the resources- I may end up using any of them if I can't use job array.

>But you can use this to submit an advance reservation with an attached PE which you already have with "allocation_rule $pe_slots".
Into this granted AR you submit the job array then.

I tried with orte_fillup, but it didn't work for me, I will do more exp. tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!
Ahmed

-- Reuti