[GE users] Problem with clearing a suspended status from a queue instance.

mad margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Wed Oct 20 15:11:35 BST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 9:24 AM, reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de<mailto:reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>> wrote:
Hi,

Am 20.10.2010 um 14:49 schrieb mad:

> I have tried to remove the Ss status from the queue instance by using qmon and clicking on force and resume.  That does not change the status.  I rebooted the host on which the host exists; that did not resume the queue.
>
> There are no jobs in the queue instance.
>
> This queue instance in the het queue is part of a subordinate queue het-2hr.
>
> [root at ted g03]# qmod -usq het at compute-0-31
> [root at ted g03]# qmod -usq het at compute-0-31.local
> [root at ted g03]# qmod -usq het-2hr at compute-0-31.local
> Queue instance "het-2hr at compute-0-31.local" is already in the specified state: unsuspended
> [root at ted g03]# qmod -usq het at compute-0-31.local
>
> The queue instance for het at compute-0-31.local in qmon still shows a status of Ss
>
> I am running ROCKS  5.0 , Centos 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5, Grid Engine 6.1u4

I think an uppercase S means subordinated. Is there anything running in a superordinated queue?

-- Reuti

het is the queue including compute-0-30 through compute-0-33 which is subordinate to het-24hr and het-2hr.

het-24hr is a queue containing compute-0-30.  There is currently a job taking all slots in this queue.

het-2hr is a queue containing compute-0-31 and compute-0-32.  There are no jobs in this queue.

compute-0-31 is the instance showing the Ss status.

CLUSTER QUEUE                   CQLOAD   USED  AVAIL  TOTAL aoACDS  cdsuE
het                               0.20      0     24     32      0      8
het-24hr                          0.78      8      0      8      0      0
het-2hr                           0.00      0     16     16      0      0