[GE users] Spool Directories

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Oct 21 12:18:47 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 20.10.2010 um 23:03 schrieb ffoertter:

> Nothing like installing SGE by hand to make one appreciate ready-made distros...
>
> I have a small cluster I'm building...and I originally setup to have a global spool.  Then I thought better and remembered what Reuti  told me a while back about local spools... do I have to manually change this in each machine?

on the one hand the location of the exechost's spool directory is recorded at one place: in SGE's configuration "execd_spool_dir /var/spool/sge". Unless you have local configurations with custom settings, this is a one-time change, but the appropriate directory /var/spool/sge must indeed by created by any cluster-fork application (the directory one level below with the name of the exechost will be created automatically). I.e. stop the exec daemons, change SGE's configuration, create the top level directory (with ownership/permissions for SGE's admin user), start the exec daemons.

The spool directory of the qmaster/BDB is recorded in the bootstrap file. But only if you have the qmaster running on a different machine than the fileserver, it would be needed to be relocated too.

-- Reuti