[GE users] how to enforce a policy

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Oct 21 16:09:32 BST 2010

Am 21.10.2010 um 16:02 schrieb craffi:

> Cleanest option may be to look into the JSV mechanism in grid engine, it
> was intended for use cases like this

Yes, with this it can be attached on a fixed basis for a group / queue combination and they can't bypass it. I wonder, whether this matches the original request. It could also mean: if the job is scheduled to queue A, don't do anything. But if it's scheduled to queue B, it must be checkpointed (once it was scheduled to B is would need to stay in queue B to get a proper resume though).

The other things I just realized are, that there are user_lists and xuser_list entries for queues, PEs and hosts. But not for checkpointing environments. And in addition, there is also no "ckpts" rule for RQS. Would there be any need for it, e.g. to create queues which only accepts checkpointing jobs?

-- Reuti