[GE users] Timeout with client requests

chambon chambon at cc.in2p3.fr
Thu Oct 21 16:41:34 BST 2010

> As a last test, I try to submit more than 1,000,000 jobs (one million jobs)
> The bad news is that, reaching 984279 pending jobs, I got timeout with qsub|qstat commands
> with the message :
>  error: failed receiving gdi request response for mid=1 (got syncron message receive timeout error).

> My questions are
>  - Is-it only a timeout problem ?, if yes, is it possible to change client timeout ?

There are gdi_timeout and gdi_retries settable as qmaster params.

After setting them to higher value I can
issue again qstat requests and continue submitting huge numbers of jobs.

GE is nice !

Could someone explain to me what are
listener_thread and worker_threads from the bootstrap file ?

Regards.

Bernard