[GE users] Large accounting file

seandavi seandavi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 20:55:38 BST 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 3:32 PM, mhanby <mhanby at uab.edu<mailto:mhanby at uab.edu>> wrote:
Howdy,

Our accounting file just reached 2GB. I'm wondering what others with large accounting files do to manage the size, if anything?

One obvious issue, the larger the file gets, the longer the qacct command takes to return results.

Do folks 'log rotate' accounting? and if so, how do you handle qacct?

Sounds like arco might be useful?

Sean