[GE users] BLCR and N1GE6

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Oct 24 12:22:47 BST 2010

Am 23.10.2010 um 09:40 schrieb mrostaee:

> Hi ,
> I want to integrate BLCR and sge6.2u5.
> I used  http://gridengine.su?nsource.net/project/? gridengine/howto/APS?TC-
> TB-2004-005.pdf document.
>
> but I couldnot test successfully that.
> I write a serial job and "qsub -ckpt BLCR sciptname".
> but it didnot checkpoint and not restarted after suspension. why?
>
> should i use submission script on this document for submit job?
>
> what is currcpr variable in blcr_checkpoint.sh on page 7 of this document. when currcpr=`cat currcpr`. it is empty!

I would suspect that it is supposed to fail in the first run. The comparison will fail and you get a defined value afterwards.

> $REQNAME is too. why?

Although $REQNAME is no longer listed in qsub's manpage (and I assume it's usage is deprecated), it should be defined still in 6.2u5 and have the same value like $REQUEST. You could try with the latter, but I wonder why $REQNAME doesn't show up in your setup.

-- Reuti