[GE users] Large accounting file

olesen Mark.Olesen at faurecia.com
Mon Oct 25 10:35:37 BST 2010

> Our accounting file just reached 2GB. I'm wondering what others with
> large accounting files do to manage the size, if anything?
>
> One obvious issue, the larger the file gets, the longer the qacct
> command takes to return results.
>
> Do folks 'log rotate' accounting? and if so, how do you handle qacct?

We simply 'reset' our current accounting after 31-DEC every year and
save the old accounting accordingly. This means we have a series of
files like this:
    accounting
    accounting-20081231.bz2
    accounting-20091231.bz2

/mark

DISCLAIMER:
This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.