[GE users] how it works

iank ikaufman at ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 25 16:40:21 BST 2010

I am a little confused.

> Sorry for the question, but I don?t understand so much how it works the
> queues?. I have: 1 linux execd (the qmaster server) and 2 windows execd, and
> if I execute the qsub from the windows_host_1, I can see on the queue list,
> than It execute on the windows_host_2 but the result it was generated on the
> windows_host_2. I suppose that If I execute from A the result goes to A, but
> not in my case? I need to configure anything on the qmaster?

So, you use qsub to submit the job on windows_host_1, which then
executes on windows_host_2, and the results are generated on
windows_host_2. Is that correct? If so, then it seems that it is doing
exactly what you expect - submit on A, execute on B, result goes to B.

Ian

--
Ian Kaufman
Research Systems Administrator