[GE users] occasional job failure - can't find user's home directory

m0zes adam.tygart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 18:44:38 BST 2010

In all honesty, there are good reasons to use the automounter on a
Beowulf cluster.
For example, my file server is running OpenSolaris, each of my users'
home directories falls on a different zfs "filesystem." (The reason
for this is simpler snapshots and better quota management).
Under your solution I would have to mount each of my 275 home
directories on each of my 125 nodes on the off chance that a
particular user is going to need access to those files on that node.
This would create an unnecessary strain on my file server. Using
automounter, only the users that are logged have their home
directories mounted.

--
Adam