[GE users] SGE failed to compile: undefined reference to sge_gdi2_send_any_request

jdm64 jdm64 at csu.fullerton.edu
Wed Oct 27 20:27:22 BST 2010

I don't have the exact error message with me right now but the general error was that the gethostname binary in the utils folder could not be run.

running 'file' on it showed that it was a 64bit elf binary. Then I tried to see if it was linking using 'ldd'. But ldd crashed saying it couldn't find the file! I tried all path methods (and checked I got the path right with ls) I could think of, but ldd kept crashing. I got the same error trying to run the binary directly.

I also ran 'chmod +x' on the file.

Justin Madru