[GE users] SGE failed to compile: undefined reference to sge_gdi2_send_any_request

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Oct 28 11:14:58 BST 2010

Am 28.10.2010 um 04:31 schrieb jdm64:

>> I saw such output when there is a wrong version of a library in your
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH Is it empty or set?
>
> The variable it not set. So, I guess it's using the system default for library path searching.
>

>> You can also try:
>>
>> $ readelf -a gethostname
>
> Ok, readelf worked. The output is huge so you can read it at http://pastebin.com/jSryMxkY
>

>> 'ldd' is working for the usual applications like 'ls'?
>
> Yes, ldd works for everything else. I've also done compiles and installs of Torque and Globus. So, I'm fairly confident it's not a corrupt system.
>

> I think it might be easier to just figure out why it's not compiling. It should be an easy fix, just change some makefile.

I just tried it with Archlinux and the problem is in SGE's install script that it looks for /lib64 to determine the glibc version. This needs to be changed to /lib in util/arch to succeed (at least in the plain 64 bit version of ArchLinux). Then you can install it, but the sgemaster won't start AFAICS - nothing in SGE's or system's messages file, nor in /tmp though.

NB: I don't have any problem with `ldd` for the binaries per se.

So, back to the original question: what were your steps when running ./aimk and so on? There weren't any errors or warnings for incompleteness before this one?

-- Reuti