[GE users] SGE failed to compile: undefined reference to sge_gdi2_send_any_request

jdm64 jdm64 at csu.fullerton.edu
Thu Oct 28 20:19:20 BST 2010

> I just tried it with Archlinux and the problem is in SGE's install script that it looks for /lib64 to determine the glibc version. This needs to be changed to /lib in util/arch to succeed (at least in the plain 64 bit version of ArchLinux). Then you can install it, but the sgemaster won't start AFAICS - nothing in SGE's or system's messages file, nor in /tmp though.

Ok, I guess I had the wrong fix. I made a system symlink to libc to where it was looking. Instead of changing util/arch in the installer.

You speak of sgemaster not being able to start? Is there any reason that you can think of why it wouldn't? Might compiling from source fix it?

> So, back to the original question: what were your steps when running ./aimk and so on? There weren't any errors or warnings for incompleteness before this one?

Actually there were several errors, but I could fix all of them except this one because I'm not familiar with the makefiles. The other errors I ran into were:

1) 3rdparty/sge_depend/{parse.c,def.h,main.c} all had a getline function that was conflicting with the systems getline. Fixed by renaming to getline2

2) Several references to files located outside the compile dir. "/off_home/gridengine/openssl-0.9.8h-origin/lx26-amd64/" and "scratch4/dg222156/source_check/gridengine/source/3rdparty/plpa/plpa-1.3.1/config/". Fixed my making symlinks to the required target.

3) Similar to the current error, It couldn't find GE_LONGNAME or something similar. I don't remember exactly. Fixed by copying the string "Sun Grid Engine" into the locations that needed it -- or something similar.

As for the steps I used to compile. I read the README and did the following steps:

./aimk -only-depend -no-dump
./scripts/zerodepend
./aimk -no-dump depend
./aimk  -no-dump -shared-libs -spool-berkeleydb

I'm stuck there with the current compiler errors.

Justin Madru