[GE users] How to change the qmasterserver for some execution hosts?

wzlu wzlu at gate.sinica.edu.tw
Fri Oct 29 05:47:45 BST 2010

Dear ALL,

I have 2 qmaster server to manage 2 queuing systems.
Now, I changed the qmaster for some execution hosts by following step.

1. change execution hosts IP address
2. add admin host and execution host for those hosts.
3. edit $SGE_ROOT/default/common/act_qmaster to change to new qmaster server
4. restart sgeexecd

I got following message and sgeexecd did not start.
error resolving local host: can't resolve host name (h_errno = HOST_NOT_FOUND)
error resolving local host: can't resolve host name (h_errno = HOST_NOT_FOUND)
   starting sge_execd

I also check gethostbyname and gethostbyaddr are correct.
And /etc/hosts and DNS are correct too.

Have any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,