[GE users] SGE failed to compile: undefined reference to sge_gdi2_send_any_request

jdm64 jdm64 at csu.fullerton.edu
Fri Oct 29 20:48:36 BST 2010

> Exactly, at the end of ./install_qmaster it only complains that it can't start the qmaster (I also tried by hand afterwards). But as said, absolutely no traces what's causing this (at least: I can't spot them).

I was finally able to install it by making the change in util/arch, removing the dir /lib64 and also removing all lib32* packages.

The installation completed without errors, and was able to load qmaster, but I couldn't load the scheduler (forgot the name). The problem was that binary was nowhere to be found!

> > 1) 3rdparty/sge_depend/{parse.c,def.h,main.c} all had a getline function that was conflicting with the systems getline. Fixed by renaming to getline2
>
> This was never necessary for me in the past. What did happen when you don't change it?

If I don't change it, I get a compiler error stating a re-declaration of getline with different arguments, I think.

> I'm unsure, whether it's worth to port SGE to a new distribution, as for now the follow up versions are closed source. For now I wonder anyway, what's so special with ArchLinux to create these hassle. As the "install" is also not working in the installation procedure (to install the startup scripts by ./install_qmaster), it looks like it's not following Linux Standard Base (LSB) for these scripts.

Yeah the ArchLinux startup scripts are not using sysvinit. But selecting manual startup should work.

So, you don't know what I could change in the makefiles to fix the undefined reference errors?

Justin Madru