[GE users] sgemaster all jobs stuck in qw status even though plenty of slots are available

laotsao laotsao at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 19:18:14 BST 2010

    [ The following text is in the "iso-2022-jp" character set. ]

please google schedd_runlog
it is created by qconf -tsm for debugging purpose
regards

On 10/30/2010 12:39 PM, mhanby wrote:
This is an 8 core Xeon server E5450, 3 GHz with 16GB of RAM.

I agree with you about the user submitting jobs in such large batches, but, in the past, this many jobs in the queue hasn't caused any problems (just annoyances like qstat slowness). I've had to change the qstat behavior back to the default to only show the owners jobs, which annoys my user base to no end :-)

Do other SGE sites have to do any special SGE conf changes to handle large queues?

I found out what was going on, the file system for $SGE_ROOT filled up because schedd_runlog hit 16GB. The odd thing, the file system didn't report that it was low on space until I rebooted the server, at which time it reported 0%.

I bzip'd the schedd_runlog to free up space and sgemaster started up and began running jobs.

Do I need to manually create the schedd_runlog, I notice it hasn't been created by SGE even though jobs have started and completed.

Mike