No subject

Wed Jan 12 20:38:46 GMT 2011

Sun has a patch for Solaris 9 that fixes the issue if you are using the Solaris
distributed version of ssh.  I am not sure it it fixes the openssh version.

The patch is not publically available to the best of my knowlege.  But, the patch number is
IDR118932-03.

Thanks for the info on the "~.", at least that is a work around.

Kirk

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 07:22:04PM +0000, Chris Webb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had a look around and i cant find an answer to this one so I joined
> this list, I am having problems with ssh not quiting properly.
>
> I have the following installed (upgraded from 2 previous versions that
> also displayed this problem):
>
> sge-6.0u7-bin-lx24-amd64.tar.gz
> sge-6.0u7-bin-sol-sparc64.tar.gz
> sge-6.0u7-common.tar.gz
>
> rsh_daemon is set to 'sshd -i' and rsh_command to 'ssh -t', both with a
> full path. I can run qrsh -q <linux|sparc> [command] and the command
> runs as expected. But where the linux version exits cleanly, the
> solaris-sparc version does not, it hangs until you type '~.'. I have
> tried this with both the Solaris 9 verison of ssh
> (SSH-2.0-Sun_SSH_1.0.1) and OpenSSH 4.2p1, both display the same
> symptoms. If you remove the '-t' from the ssh command everything will
> exit smoothly (but then you can't use the cursor keys in interactive
> programs (matlab)).
>
> Anyone else had this problem?
>
> TIA
>
> Chris