No subject

Wed Jan 12 20:38:46 GMT 2011

other nodes.

> I want to write it this way because I have to query the sge master to
> figure out if a job is running on the and I only want one query to go
> instead of a few hundred.

I think that simply caching the results to a file would be a reasonable
approach.

1) Attach any sort of queue to the qmaster to ensure that the qmaster is
also an exec host and its load sensor will get called. Even a queue with
zero slots will work here.

2) Modify your load sensor script so that it performs slightly different
actions, depending on if it is called from the qmaster or a regular exec
node. Called from the qmaster, the load sensor builds a cache file. Called
from another exec node, it greps through the cache file.  Here I used a tmp
file when building the cache, followed by a (presumably quick) 'cat'
operation. It is still not 100% free of a race condition, but should prove
adequate.

3) Don't forget failover aspects - i.e., your load sensor should detect a
migrated qmaster.

Several of the aspects are covered in my qloadsensor script from the flexlm
integration, but you'll have to add the 'grep' command yourself.

I hope this info helps.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.