No subject

Wed Jan 12 20:38:46 GMT 2011

mostly v10.8.0.7, but one vendor daemon is actually running via
v10.8.0.0

I would thus conclude that mixing versions is probably okay.
I would look for another issue: DNS timeouts and network problems are
typically what make our life difficult. Check that the reverse host
lookup is providing something sensible (we had a windows DHCP server
that incorrectly reverse mapped a bunch of our cluster names and fed
these to the DNS server!).

To exclude that the problem is with qlicserver and/or GridEngine itself,
you could write a small infinite loop and monitor the results for the
next day, eg:

while :
do
   date >> lmutil.log 2>&1
   lmutil lmstat query ...  >> lmutil.log 2>&1
   sleep 60
done

/mark
message from your computer.