No subject

Wed Jan 12 20:38:46 GMT 2011

is used by the scheduler to predict when jobs finish.  Unfortunately, it
causes jobs to be terminated if they run for longer than this specified
time.  I'm guessing that "h_" stands for a hard limit and this is why jobs
are terminated when then exceed this?

I'm guessing that "s_rt" is a soft limit?  I'm hoping that this means that
once the time specified by the job is reached, that it does "NOT" terminate
the job? i.e. if the user specified the wrong time limit by accident, or the
job ran slower for some reason, that the job would be allowed to continue
running?

Does anyone know if "s_rt" is also used by the scheduler in the same way
that "h_rt" is used and if the only difference would be that one terminates
and the other doesn't?

Sorry for all these questions but I can't seem to find any documentation on
these two settings.  If anyone can point me at some documentation it would
be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Neil