No subject

Wed Jan 12 20:38:46 GMT 2011

Bug I would recommend using flat files and nfs4 for shadows instead of spool server. In my case it removes a point of failure that I cant afford.

-----Original Message-----
From: tmacmd [mailto:tmacmd at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 1:34 PM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: [GE users] relocating a BDB

I have a stand-alone server for my BDB (call it server e39)
I need to move it to server x1. What all needs to be done to properly
relocate a database to a different machine?

I also have a master/slave configuration(e40 and f40). I suspect that
I can just add two more servers to the shadows file
and then fail over at some point. I think this won't be too bad.

I just need guidelines on move the BDB to a new server.

--tmac

RedHat Certified Engineer #804006984323821 (RHEL4)
RedHat Certified Engineer #805007643429572 (RHEL5)

Principal Consultant